Recreational soccer is first and foremost about having fun, while learning the game of soccer. The PCYS Rec program consists primarily of local players from the Stevens Point/Portage county area looking to learn the basics of the world’s game. Played on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from the middle of June until the end of July, we provide a less competitive atmosphere, while providing fun nights such as ‘Root Beer night’. The coaches at the Rec level are traditionally PCYS parents who volunteer their time to coach their kid’s team.
In addition to the traditional Summer Rec League season, a six week Fall Rec League season is typically offered each year. Games during the fall Rec League season on played on Saturday mornings.
Fall Rec League Information
Register for the 2014 Fall Recreational Soccer League Season
- Registration form: Registration due by August 20.
- Cost: $15 per child who played on a PCYS team this summer. $30 for non-PCYS players.
- Concussion Information: Fact sheet for athletes | Fact sheet for parents
Fall Rec League games will be played on Saturday mornings from 8 a.m. to noon, September 13 – October 18, at the PCYS Soccer Complex.
Summer Rec League Information
2014 Summer Recreation League Dates
Summer Rec League soccer is played on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The 2014 Rec League will begin Tuesday, June 17 and run through Thursday, July 31.
Summer Rec League Fees for 2014
- Club Fee: $75 per family prior to January 13. $100 per family after January 13, 2014. Click here to pay online using a credit card.
- Player Fee: $55 per player.
2014 Rec League Schedule
Need more information regarding Rec League Soccer? Contact Matt Chitwood, Rec League Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.